About Holy Family Parish
Holy Family Parish is a welcoming community of faith, called together by Christ’s love, and strengthened by the Holy Spirit, the Word and the Sacraments.
September 1999 - The first plans for a new church were put forth to us by Bishop Frederick Henry.
August 1st, 2001 - St. Mary’s, Christ the King and St. Joseph’s Schuler all merged into the new parish called Holy Family Parish and the first mass was celebrated that day in an open field that would later become Holy Family Church.
August 20, 2004 – Medicine Hat’s skyline was changed with the steeple and the cross being raised into place.
November 28, 2004 - Many people came together as an exciting new community emerged with a Solemn Dedication and Blessing by Bishop Frederick Henry and the celebration of the first Mass in Holy Family Church.
The parishioners of Holy Family Parish are so grateful for the generous space and the warm atmosphere of this building. The pews can hold about 1500 adults and the church hall can accommodate events for up to 350 persons. There are also smaller meeting rooms if wanted. Parking is never an issue in the large lot.